Naveo has partnered with The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resource and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to offer a low-interest Solar Loan program to qualified homeowners for the purchase and installation of solar electric projects.
- Low interest rate
- Borrow $5,000 to $60,000
- Terms up to 20 years
- Up to 12 months of interest-only payments during installation, followed by standard repayment term of 3 to 20 years.
- For most loans up to $35,000, Naveo will file a lien for equipment under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC-1) within the county the property is located.
- For loans above $35,000 or for more than 10 years, Naveo will file a mortgage lien.
- Receive a price quote from a pre-qualified Mass Solar Loan installer.
- Select an installer and sign a solar installation contract.
- Work with your installer to complete your Mass Solar Loan technical application online.
- Provide your tax information online if you are applying for Income-Based Loan Support.
- Once you receive your technical confirmation document via email, provide this information to Naveo to complete your loan application.
- When your loan closes, Naveo advances you 35% of the loan to cover initial construction costs.
- After your solar system is connected by your utility, your installer files your project completion documents.
- When the project receives a completion approval from Mass Solar, we will call you to come in and complete additional loan documents.
- Naveo disburses the final 65% of your loan to you and your installer.
- Only solar electric (photovoltaic) systems owned by the resident are eligible.
- Third-party lease or power purchase agreements for solar are not eligible.
- Financing available on primary residences or vacation homes in Massachusetts only.
- Loan recipients must meet Naveo-defined loan qualification standards.
- Solar electric systems must be connected to the electricity distribution grid.
- Solar electric systems may not have previously received incentives from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
- Borrowers must be eligible for and establish membership at Naveo Credit Union.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loan Details and Disclosures
- Mass Solar Loan Program Overview
- Documents Needed to Expedite Processing
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Minimum loan amount $5,000.00. Maximum loan amount $60,000.00. Up to 12 months interest-only payments during construction period. All loans are subject to meeting Mass Solar Loan Program guidelines. Financing available on 1-4 family primary residences and vacation homes located in Massachusetts only. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Borrowers must be eligible for membership with Naveo. Loan secured by mortgages and UCCs are subject to closing costs. All individuals listed on deed must be present at closing for loans secured by mortgages and UCCs.