Staying Safe & Healthy
Naveo is taking the health and wellness of our members, employees and neighbors seriously amid the continuing concerns of coronavirus (COVID-19) within the communities and neighborhoods we serve.
We are closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and have taken precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our members, employees and neighbors.
UPDATE – June 26, 2020
As the state continues to reopen in a gradual, phased approach, Naveo has been carefully considering options as to how we can safely reopen our branches to better serve our members and neighbors during these unprecedented times. As always, the health and safety of our members and employees is our priority.
Beginning Monday, June 29, Naveo branches will be open in a limited capacity.
Our branch hours are as follows: Monday – Friday: 8:30AM to 4:00PM; Saturday: 8:30AM to 1:00PM.
What to Expect in Our Branches
- Up to 3 members will be allowed in the branch at one time: 1 at each pod and 1 for Member Services.
- A face mask or face covering is required in order to enter our lobbies. We encourage the use of a face covering when using our ATMs as well.
- To ensure proper social distancing, please stand on designated markers while being helped in our branches or while waiting to come in.
- To best serve our members, we have implemented a time limit on the use of our coin machine.
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you visit us when you’re feeling better.
During this phase, our branches will resume offering a full range of products and services.
Our Cambridge drive-up window will revert to normal drive-up operations. We will no longer offer walk-up services.
How We’re Keeping Our Members and Staff Safe
- Members and employees are required to wear masks at all times when entering our lobbies and when in common areas.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at our pods, offices and in conference rooms.
- Signs and decals are in place both inside and outside our branches to main appropriate social distancing.
- Our branches and offices are disinfected each day by a professional cleaning company. Our staff also disinfects their office surfaces regularly.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at our branches. We encourage you to use it upon entry.
- We are using one-time-use pens for services that require a signature.
- We’ve eliminated water and coffee services during this time.
- Some of our staff continues to work remotely in order to maintain proper social distancing in the office.
We thank you for your membership and patience during this time of modified business services. We can’t wait to serve you again!
Let Us Know How We Can Help
We know that the coronavirus pandemic has affected the lives of many Naveo members. Some of you have already contacted us to describe the financial hardships you are facing. We want you to know, we are here to help. Whether you need assistance with access to our eServices or finding a solution during these financially challenging times, we are here for you.
Skip-a-Payment is currently available for some consumer loans. Check which loan types are eligible for Skip-a-Payment and submit your request via Online Banking’s Service Center.
Emergency Assistance Loan: An Emergency Assistance Loan is available to help our neighbors get through financially challenging times. Naveo members in good standing may be eligible for a personal loan of up to $2,500, with terms up to 24 months, and with no payments required for up to 90 days. This is a fixed rate of 5.00% APR*. A full list of disclosures can be found here.
Deferred Loan Payment Program: Naveo has launched the Deferred Loan Payment Program (DLPP) to assist our members concerned about making timely payments on mortgages and lines of credit. DLPP is designed to provide temporary relief from loan payments for Naveo borrowers experiencing temporary financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and its economic aftermath. The DLPP will reduce or eliminate monthly payments for up to 90 days for eligible Naveo loans and borrowers. To learn more on how to apply and eligibility, click here.
Paycheck Protection Program for Local Small Businesses: During this unprecedented time, we are here for our neighbors and small business community more than ever. We understand that the pandemic has affected all facets of life and has taken an exceptional toll on our local small businesses. Learn more and apply for this Small Business Administration loan program.
If you have been affected by the virus and need additional financial assistance, please let us know. You may contact us by phone at 617.547.3144 or send us a secure message through online banking.
What We’re Doing
To keep you safe and healthy, we’ve taken the following precautions:
- Increased the frequency and thoroughness of our cleaning schedule and are disinfecting high-touch areas, such as the branches, ATMs, restrooms, etc.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and tissues are available in the branches. We encourage both members and staff to use them.
- We’ve asked employees to take added measures in prevention by keeping their hands and workstations clean.
- Encourage our employees to practice social distancing.
- We are holding virtual meetings, when possible.
- Cancelled event participation until further notice.
- We’ve eliminated nonessential business and personal travel for our employees.
- Employees who are not feeling well are required to stay home.
- We’ve started to decrease the number of employees in office to do our part in flattening the curve.
You too can help stop the spread of germs by following CDC guidelines.
What You Can Do & How to Stay Connected
In an increased effort to keep you safe, we strongly encourage you to use the many eServices we offer. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional, uninterrupted service.
Online Banking: A free and easy-to-use alternative to the branch. You can check balances, transfer funds, make loan payments and more -24/7
Online Account Opening: Need a debit card, but don’t have a checking account? Need to setup an emergency savings account? Naveo members have the ability to open CDs, checking, and savings accounts from the safety of their home through Online Banking. Simply log in and click “Open an Account” to get started.
Naveo Mobile App: All the features of online banking, in a mobile friendly environment. Plus, you can deposit checks in a snap! Download via Apple Store or Google Play. We’ve extended this feature to our business members and also increased our daily limits to ensure we meet your business needs, especially during this challenging time.
Debit Cards: If you don’t already have a debit card, you may request one via Online Banking by visiting the Service Center and clicking “Apply for a New ATM/Debit Card” under electronic services. Cards may take up to 10 business days to arrive. Once received, they can be activated by phone.
- For your convenience, we’ve increased the ATM withdrawal limit on all Naveo debit cards to $500. Debit card limits have also been increased to $1,000.
24/7 Telephone Response: Access your accounts via automated telephone system by dialing 1.844.NAVEO CU (628.3628). You can check balances, make a transfer or a payment and report a lost or stolen debit card.
Shared Branching: As a member of the CO-OP Shared Branching network, Naveo members have access to over 5,000 branches nationwide. These partner branches can serve your banking transactions just like a Naveo branch giving you access and convenience. Locate a branch near you.
Loan applications can securely be submitted online via our Online Loan Center.
Beware of Fraud
Fraudsters take advantage of opportunities in times of fear and uncertainty. Stay on top of current coronavirus scams.
Your Funds are Insured
Naveo is NCUA and MSIC insured, which means your deposits are safe, secure and 100% insured regardless of what is going on in the market.
Our website is the best place to find the most current information related to the coronavirus and any potential service interruptions you may experience. Our social media pages will also be updated to provide the most current information.
Please keep in mind, this is a fluid situation and access today does not designate access tomorrow. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise, all the while keeping safety in mind.